Thursday, October 29, 2009

Poem Paraphrase 2

Robert Frost's "Acquainted with the Night" (pg 600-601)

I am someone who knows the night. I have gone out while it's raining and come back while it's raining. I have walked farther than the light of the city reaches. I have been to the emptiest street in town. I have come across the night policeman on his patrols, and I wouldn't look him in the eye, because I didn't want to give an excuse for my late stroll. I have stopped walking and silenced my footsteps when I heard someone call out a few blocks over, but they weren't calling for me or saying good-bye; and incredibly high up in the sky the moon serves as a timepiece for me but it won't tell me if I should or shouldn't be out here. I am someone who knows the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment