Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Song Quote Response

"I've loved. I've laughed and cried.
I've had my fill, my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing." (Anka)

This is taken from the song "My Way" which was written by Paul Anka and made iconic by The Chairman of the Board, Mr. Frank Sinatra. I chose this song because Sinatra is my all-time favorite singer and performer, and this is one of my favorite songs of his. While pretty much all of the words in this particular song jump out at me, I would have to say that here I think the last two lines are most important. He has just talked about going through the whole range of emotions and experiences in his life, and after all is said and done, what was once so big and important to him, amuses him. This is important to the overall message of the song because it's about someone coming to the end of the road that is their life. And as they look back, they see that what once mattered, really doesn't anymore. And bottom-line, they did everything the way they feel they should have done it. This is a truly great song, and to perform it, and/or see it performed, is incredibly powerful.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome song choice. When ever i stop to consider the decisions I have made this past year, I am going to sing this song to help me stay this course.

    ReplyDelete