Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Quote Response 4? (I've lost track!! 4 not counting the song response)

So I'm not sure what exactly we're supposed to be focusing on here, so I'm just gonna wing it.

"She seemed a thing that could not feel
The touch of earthly years."
-A Slumber Did My Spirit Seal by William Wordsworth

So I picked this poem because I could most easily detect its intended rhythm and rhyme. The meter of the other ones just seemed off and forced to me. I chose these two lines from the poem because I liked them the most, plain and simple. I really can't even explain why I liked them so much, but I did. Overall, I think I liked the poem, and I think it might be about a woman dying and a man dealing with that, but I'm not sure. That's kinda how I interpreted it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment